5. Bike to third beach with a picnic, a magazine,
4. Go to my parents cabin on the sunshine coast and BBQ on the deck.
3. Learn how to roller blade...to Marble Slab creamery in English Bay.
2. Play beach volley ball on Hornby Island.
1. Go paddle boarding around False Creek.
...It took a lot of restraint not to put an exclamation point after each one of these.
Notice a common theme? Tons of swim suit wearing activities (or at least neon shorts for roller blading). So, its time to up my health food game. This granola is really easy, super healthy and loaded with flavour.
Quinoa, Orange, Coconut and Chocolate Granola
loosley adapted from Hungry Hungry Hippie
Cook 1:00, Prep 10
Serves: enough for 6?
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
3/4 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tsp of cinnamon
the zest of a whole orange
2 tbls honey
2 tbls margarine
1 tbls orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 225. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all dry ingredients
3. Stir in wet ingredients.
4. Bake for about an hour.
I'll have mine with greek yogurt and raspberries (please ignore the fact that I picked out all the chocolate and ate it before I had it for breakfast).